Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
August 10th, 17th, 24th 7p-9:30p Childbirth/Lamaze Class
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 7:00 PM - Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM (EDT)
New York, United States
Enter discount code: “bcbfclassbundle”
Stork and Cradle mixes holistic and integrative ingredients into our class recipes serving multi-sensory and interactive techniques that will inspire you to develop a pain coping mindset and prepare for your journey into parenthood. After taking these classes, you will feel more confident and empowered-ready for your task of motherhood and fatherhood.
Our classes prepare mothers and birth partners to help keep birth as normal as possible, even if medical care and technology are used. Stork and Cradle believes women already know a lot about birth and mothering. Being able to tap into that inner knowing and begin to trust oneself is the foundation to give birth safely and confidently at home, in the hospital, or in a birthing center.
Register now! Have faith in your ability to give birth. Experience self-discovery and creative self-expression, practice pain-coping techniques, and enjoy free-flowing discussions. Our classes are for you.
Read what our past clients have said about us at
You will leave class with:
· Practical information for birth partners to help them understand the dos and don’ts of being in the presence of a birthing mother.
· Practices to induce relaxation during labor
· Labor comfort skills
· Communication and negotiation skills
· Pain coping skills and techniques
· Touch (massage) training to be used in labor
· Understanding of appropriate use of aromatherapy during labor
· Knowledge of the compassionate use of epidurals
· How to survive back labor
· Plan to deal with visitors (or would be) visitors after the birth of the baby
· Free full color workbook that gives you access to online videos that accompany lessons covered during class.
· And so much more
• What are the different parts (Stages) of labor
• What to do and expect when the membranes rupture
• Use of hydrotherapy in labor
• How to know the BEST time to get to the hospital or birth center.
• How to initiate breastfeeding after the birth of the baby.
• Guidance to make informed decisions about the use of an epidural and other medical options and procedures.
• What to do should a cesarean birth become necessary
• Postpartum Healing
• And so much more
Classes are led by Tamara Hawkins RN, LCCE, IBCLC, CHHC. Tamara earned her nursing degree at New York University and began a career in obstetrical nursing and perinatal education 13 years ago. She then went on to become certified as a labor support specialist, Lamaze instructor, lactation consultant, and a holistic health counselor certified through the Association of Drugless Practitioners. Tamara is currently a lactation consultant/Instuctor at New York Presbyterian medical center.
Receive 15% off price of childbirth class after registering for baby care and breastfeeding class.
Enter discount code: “bcbfcprclassbundle”
Receive 20% off price of childbirth class after registering for baby care, breastfeeding, and infant cpr class for 2 people.
* When registering for class bundles. Please remember to register seperately for all classes.
When & Where
Stork and Cradle, Inc and Tamara Hawkins RN, IBCLC